- Every Saturday OPEN DAY for the Community
- Monthly Last Saturday MEDITATION SESSION from 9:00am to 4:00pm
- New Year – (Conventional Calender)
A special Puja and Pirith (Paritta) chanting ceremony is
conducted to invoke blessings for all visitors to the temple
at the auspicious time of the New Year
- Sinhala and Hindu New Year – (Zola
The temple plans to perform all Sri Lankan customs at
auspicious times and invoke blessings to devotees of all
nationalities in New Zealand.
- Wesak Celebrations - May (Full
All day programme including observing Sil (eight precept),
meditation, dhamma talk and discussion followed by a colourful
Wesak lanterns display in the evening. This takes place on the
Saturday which is closest to the Wesak full moon day.
- Poson Celebrations – June (full
Special Sil programme followed by Poson Bakthi Gee (devotional
songs). This takes place on the Saturday which is closest to
the Poson full moon day.
- Katina Ceremony – October/
Special Pirith (Paritta) Chanting ceremony followed by the
Katina ceremony (Offering of the Katina robe) on the following
day. This takes place on a weekend between full moon days of
October and November